Have you always wanted to knit a sweater but didn't think you could do it? If you can knit and purl; if you've knitted scarves, shawls, hats, or cowls and can read a basic pattern, you CAN knit a sweater, and we're here to help you do it.
- Eight weeks of classroom instruction (2-hour sessions) Tuesdays, January 9 - February 27, 6:30 - 8:30pm
- Support throughout your project
- Six sweater designs to choose from (3 cardigan, 3 pullover) including a child's option, that are great for a first sweater.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Confidence - you got this!
- Basic sweater construction.
- How to choose the best pattern for your experience and comfort level
- Knit a gauge swatch and adjust for gauge
- Recognize knitting terminology and symbols
- Follow a sweater pattern
- Place stitches on a holder
- Short rows
- Pick up stitches
- Fix mistakes along the way
- A variety of stitches depending upon your pattern choice
Sweater design choices are shown in the dropdown menu here. Yarn and accessories will vary by project choice and are separate from class registration. 10% discount on yarn and accessories for your project .KnittyGrittyYarnGirl yarn is a requirement for participation.
ADVANCED BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE LEVEL CLASS - you must have a basic knowledge of knitting, knit and purl stitches and pattern reading.
You will be contacted after registration to choose your sweater design and yarn. For questions regarding this program, call 203-856-6755.
Class is limited to 8 participants. Registrations beyond 8 will be placed on a waiting list and notified for the next program.